You will experience a long walk in Pontus ridge, where many years ago the worst enemy of Rome, the legendary king of Pontus – Mithridates Eupator was hiding.
We will climbing the highest mountain range – Kackar mountain (3937 m).
But first we will visit the legendary Constantinople – Istanbul, the city that is at already two thousand years age, the city that is a bridge between Europe and Asia.
Then we will get into the kingdom of mountains stretching 1,000 kilometers of jagged peaks, glacial lakes, alpine meadows, foggy, rain forests temperate and sultry gorges. You can lose weight 5-6 kg, start to grow a beard, forget who you are and where you work, make any other ugliness.
Type of activity: trekking.
The quantity of groups: 12 people.
Duration: 10 days.
Dates: 09.09.2017 – 18.09.2017
Take part in the trip can anyone with a level of physical form above average. Special skills are not required. To join the travel is possible from any city or country!
Your passport must be valid for at least six months after the end of travel.
Spost insurance of type “E” is mandatory.
Day 1 Arrival to Istanbul, meeting with guide. Transfer from the airport, accommodation at the hotel. Sightseeing tour in the ancient city: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, ancient Hippodrome. For shopping lovers – the services of the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul
Day 2 night transfer to the airport, flight Istanbul – Trabzon. Transfer to Ayder – a small mountain village, where we will begin the trek. Overnight in a tent.
Day 3 The route starts. Trek over Ayder – Hazinak: dense virgin forests, where Mithridates hid from pursuers; alpine meadows, mountain streams. Day trek lasts about 6 hours, distance 12 km. Climb is 1600 meters, down is 185 m, overnight at an altitude of about 2500 m in tents
Day 4 Trek over Hazinak – Derebasi Golu. Today we continue our trek along the route – over alpine meadows, unapproachable peaks on the horizon, rocks and stones. Today, the first serious challenge to our trek – 3 thousand km pass. We spend the night on the shore of a small, but very beautiful mountain lake. Day trek lasts of about 6.5 hours, distance 12 km. Climb is 1000 meters, down is 700 m, overnight at an altitude of about 2700 m in tents.
Day 5 Trek over Derebasi Golu – Delberduzu Campsite. Today is a very hard day – two passes at height of more than 3 thousand meters, stone fields, rocks, mountain lakes. We are coming close to the main point of our trek – the peak of Kaçkar and spend the night in the assault camp. Day trek lasts about 5.5 hours, distance about 11 km. Climb is 1,200 m, down is 1300 m, overnight at an altitude of about 3000 m in tents.
Day 6 Trek to Kaçkar (3932 m). Early rise. After breakfast, we go on climbing. We take “cats” – the mountain slopes may be icy. Climbing to the top takes a few hours. At the top we will see stunning views of the entire mountain range of Pontus. This is one of those places where earth and sky meet.
Day 7 Reserve day in case of bad weather. In case of a successful climbing — rest.
Day 8 Journey comes to the end, today we return to civilization and go downt to the mountain village Yaylalar. Day lasts about 5 hours, distance is 12 km. Climbing is 300 meters, down is 1200, overnight camping.
Day 9 Transfer to Erzurum and flight to Istanbul. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 10 The farewell walk in Istanbul, flight back home.
Backpack 70-90 liters.
(Note: except personal things thre must be a place for food and common things)
Sleeping bag up to 0 degrees
Shoes and Clothing:
• Trekking shoes (shoes must be comfortable and used, usually the size is 1,5 – 2 larger for a tight sock and a 1.5 – 2 sizes larger foot size.)
• Shoes replaceable (sneakers, sandals or flip flops);
• Puff or warm jacket;
• Warm cap;
• Running pants;
• Storm pants (Gore-tex membrane or other);
• Storm jacket (Gore-tex membrane or other);
• 2 sets of thermal underwear;
• Fleece jumper;
• Trekking socs, 3 pairs;
• Two pairs of gloves;
• Coolmax shirt – 2 pcs;
• Change of underwear;
• Headdress from the sun.
• Cape for backpack (or large plastic bags for packaging items);
• Mug, spoon, bowl, knife (all things possible should be light – stainless steel or special plastic, it is not necessary to take the ceramic mug and enamel ware)
• Head Flashlight + battery kit;
• Hygiene supplies (toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste, bars of soap and a little shampoo is enough; it is not necessary to take full bottles of shower gel and shampoo, pile creams and lotions);
• Iindividual medicine chest( plaster, cold pills, stomach pills, head pills. Medicine for specific and chronic diseases);
• Sun glasses;
• Hygienic lipstick;
• SPF creame;
• The water tank (1-2l.);
• Thermos (0.5 – 1.0 liters);
• Matches + a piece of dry fuel in a sealed package;
• Seatting pad;
• Work gloves;
• Trekking sticks;
The cost of the route depends on the cost of the flights at the time of purchase!
Enrollment in the group is possible after payment of 50% deposit.
The price include:
• our services as an organizer of the trip and the guide;
• air flights Istanbul – Trabzon and Erzurum – Istanbul;
• all fees and charges for residence in the Pontic Mountains;
• Meeting at the airport, all transfers;
• accommodation in hotels in Istanbul (DBL rooms);
• preliminary consultations before the trip.
• Flight Lviv – Istanbul – Lviv;
• Emergency evacuation;
• entrance fees to museums, churches, excursions, not provided during the trip;
• gifts and other personal expenses.